23rd Annual Garlic City Car Show
Save the date! The Gilroy Chamber of Commerce presents the
23rd Annual Garlic City Car Show, Saturday, June 17, 2023, from 10 am-4 pm. Located in Downtown Gilroy, this event attracts thousands of spectators to enjoy hundreds of custom and classic cars, awards, vendors, beer and wine, and more.
FREE for spectators. Car Registration opens March 13, 2023.
Countdown to 2023 Registration
Thank You to Our 2022 Sponsors
Gilroy Automall Association, Cresco Equipment Rentals, Visit Gilroy, Bracco’s Towing & Transport, Johnny’s Custom Auto Body, Cline Glass, Health Net, Mi Ocampo Financials, Heritage Bank, Intero Real Estate, Gina Lopez Agency- State Farm, Premier Paralegal, Cal Silk, Gilroy Dispatch, Morgan Hill Times, San Benito Freelance, and Recology South Valley
More About Us
The Garlic City Car Show is an event designed and produced by the Gilroy Chamber of Commerce to promote the community and to help build a strong local economy. Each year this show is made possible by over 50 volunteers and committee members. To get involved in the planning of next year’s show, please contact Victoria Valencia, Community Relations Coordinator at email@example.com.
Highlights from Past Shows
- The Garlic City Car Show has always been held in Downtown Gilroy
- 2000 was the first Garlic City Car Show
- Originally started as a kick-off for the Gilroy Garlic Festival
- At one point it was called Garlic City Fun Run because it included a 5K run
- In 2003 large rock boulders were brought in for an off-road course
- In 2007 the Garlic City Car Show included a hot dog eating contest
- In 2014 it included a street Sock Hop
- In 2016 the Gilroy Chamber of Commerce began managing the Car Show
- In 2017 David Jenkins, lead singer/guitarist, from “Pablo Cruise” performed in concert
- In 2018, the show was expanded to a 3-day event including a Parade of Cars and a Show and Shine. The final day included over 10,000 attendees, 55 vendors, 3 live music stages with 17 bands performing throughout the day, and 284 registered vehicles
- In 2019, Dennis Gage from My Classic Car filmed the show for his tv show, broadcasted in over 100 million homes. We had over 10,000 attendees, 4 music stages with 24 bands throughout the day, 7 Trophies (Best of Show; Mayor’s Award; President’s Award; Dennis Gage Award; Longest Distance; Most Unique; Best Paint, 42 Merchant Awards and 350 of the coolest cars in Gilroy!
- In 2022, the Garlic City Car Show returned to Downtown Gilroy after 2 years of cancellations due to COVID-19. Due to ongoing restrictions, we cut the show down to 225 classic cars and 2 live music stages. We had over 30 vendors, and over 5,000 attendees. We also gave out 40 Merchant Awards, 3 trophies, and a new award honoring the late Donald Elvis Prieto and his family.
Registration for the 2023 Garlic City Car Show will open on March 13, 2023.
Support Our Event
This show isn’t possible without our sponsors and volunteers! Interested in supporting our next car show? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Stay Up To Date With The Latest Updates and Event Info
Stay Connected with the Gilroy Chamber of Commerce
September 26, 2022The Gilroy Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors invites the community to nominate individuals and businesses for the 2023 Spice of Life awards. Applications are available online at gilroy.org and at the Gilroy Chamber office with the deadline to...
August 29, 2022In August of 2021, Mark Turner, President/CEO of the Gilroy Chamber of Commerce, announced his candidacy for Mayor of Morgan Hill. As a result, Mark has recently announced his retirement from the Chamber of Commerce effective December 31, 2022. While...
July 25, 2022The current state of Child Care is causing huge issues for employees, and the businesses that rely on them. Skyrocketing costs and lack of availability is impacting working families, but there are solutions out there. TOOTRiS is hosting a series of free...