Gilroy Chamber of Commerce’s
Garlic City Car Show
June 17, 2023, 10:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Downtown Gilroy, CA
23rd Annual Garlic City Car Show
The Gilroy Chamber of Commerce presents the
23rd Annual Garlic City Car Show, Saturday, June 17, 2023, from 10 am-4 pm. Located in Downtown Gilroy, this event attracts thousands of spectators to enjoy hundreds of custom and classic cars, awards, vendors, beer and wine, and more.
FREE for spectators. Car Registration is SOLD OUT!
Countdown to 2023 Car Show
Thank You to Our 2023 Sponsors
T-Mobile, Cresco Equipment Rentals, Visit Gilroy, Star One Credit Union, Bracco’s Towing & Transport, Johnny’s Custom Auto Body, Cline Glass, MG Constructors & Engineers, Mi Ocampo Financials, Heritage Bank, Intero Real Estate, Gina Lopez Agency- State Farm, One Life Prints, Gilroy Dispatch, Morgan Hill Times, San Benito Freelance, Poki Bowl-Gilroy, EZ Clean Car Wash, David Matzinger-State Farm Insurance, and Recology South Valley
More About Us
The Garlic City Car Show is an event designed and produced by the Gilroy Chamber of Commerce to promote the community and to help build a strong local economy. Each year this show is made possible by over 50 volunteers and committee members. To get involved in the planning of next year’s show, please contact Victoria Valencia, victoria@Gilroy.org.
Highlights from Past Shows
- The Garlic City Car Show has always been held in Downtown Gilroy
- 2000 was the first Garlic City Car Show
- Originally started as a kick-off for the Gilroy Garlic Festival
- At one point it was called Garlic City Fun Run because it included a 5K run
- In 2003 large rock boulders were brought in for an off-road course
- In 2007 the Garlic City Car Show included a hot dog eating contest
- In 2014 it included a street Sock Hop
- In 2016 the Gilroy Chamber of Commerce began managing the Car Show
- In 2017 David Jenkins, lead singer/guitarist, from “Pablo Cruise” performed in concert
- In 2018, the show was expanded to a 3-day event including a Parade of Cars and a Show and Shine. The final day included over 10,000 attendees, 55 vendors, 3 live music stages with 17 bands performing throughout the day, and 284 registered vehicles
- In 2019, Dennis Gage from My Classic Car filmed the show for his tv show, broadcasted in over 100 million homes. We had over 10,000 attendees, 4 music stages with 24 bands throughout the day, 7 Trophies (Best of Show; Mayor’s Award; President’s Award; Dennis Gage Award; Longest Distance; Most Unique; Best Paint, 42 Merchant Awards and 350 of the coolest cars in Gilroy!
- In 2022, the Garlic City Car Show returned to Downtown Gilroy after 2 years of cancellations due to COVID-19. Due to ongoing restrictions, we cut the show down to 225 classic cars and 2 live music stages. We had over 30 vendors, and over 5,000 attendees. We also gave out 40 Merchant Awards, 3 trophies, and a new award honoring the late Donald Elvis Prieto and his family.
Want to showcase your products at our next car show? Click below for vendor information.
Support Our Event
This show isn’t possible without our sponsors and volunteers! Interested in supporting our next car show? Email us at email@example.com.
Stay Up To Date With The Latest Updates and Event Info
Stay Connected with the Gilroy Chamber of Commerce
Gilroy Chamber Business Focus June 2023
LAST CALL FOR IRELAND!June 5, 2023Visit Gilroy values our partnerships with local organizations and businesses and understands the benefits these bring to our community and our visitors. Visit Gilroy is proud to support some local organizations by helping to promote...
Gilroy Chamber Business Focus May 2023
Breathe the fresh air in Ireland...May 22, 2023Article provided by Mayor Marie Blankley This month I’d like to Spotlight the Capacity Expansion Project of our award-winning South County Regional Wastewater Authority (SCRWA) facility. SCRWA Programs Manager Saeid...
Gilroy Chamber Business Focus April 2023
Breathe the fresh air in Ireland...April 24, 2023Jaclyn Muro has been named Executive Director of Gilroy Foundation. She has served as Executive Director of Gilroy Foundation’s Latino Family Fund (LFF) since January 2022. Muro is a longtime resident of Gilroy, with a...