“High 5” Youth Award
What is the “High 5” Youth Award?
The “High 5” Youth Award is presented monthly by the Gilroy Chamber of Commerce to:
- Recognize an outstanding community service; or
- Recognize an outstanding contribution of service on a school campus; or
- Recognize outstanding youth projects in Gilroy; or
- Acknowledge youth leadership in Gilroy; or
- Acknowledge youth success in Gilroy.
What is the Criteria of the Award?
- Any Gilroy youth (18 years and under), youth group, or youth-oriented organization may qualify.
- Nominations need to be submitted in writing with sufficient support information to the Gilroy Chamber of Commerce, 7471 Monterey Street, Gilroy, by the 10th of each month. All nominations are kept on file for future consideration.
- Nominations are submitted to the Gilroy Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors for approval.
How is Recognition Given?
- A plaque is presented to the recipient at the monthly Breakfast Club meeting.
- A photo and story will appear in the Gilroy Business Focus.
"Joining the Gilroy Chamber of Commerce is one of the best business decisions I have made."
Anita Bedoya, Owner, Lapels Dry Cleaning
"While facing some delays opening our taphouse the Gilroy Chamber of Commerce intervened. Their creative approach to problem solving saved the day. The Chamber’s connections made a difference for us."
Ryan and Larissa Dickerson, Owners of Bitter Taphouse
"The Chamber has done a great job keeping me informed."
James Gargiulo, Spectrum Small Business Advisor
"We have been able to rely on the Chamber whenever we needed to be connected to people, resources and information."
Jaime Rosso, CEO, Rosso’s Furniture
"We have been actively involved in the Chamber for 20 years. We continue to stay involved because of the critical information they provide."
Bruce & Audrey Haller, Cafe 152 Bread Co.
"As a Gilroy Chamber of Commerce member, I’ve met more people, been able to give back to the community and be involved in decisions that affect our local economy."
Maria Cid, Farmers Insurance